Happy New Years Gentlemen 2017 came and went. The race is of and we are at the start of 2018 so taking a moment to reflect on all accomplishments and improvement opportunities for the 2017 calendar year.
I can say that 2017 was a good year a lot has happened and still happening. The year came like a roller coaster and as we know with all the downs come ups.
Let’s start of this post with being GRATEFUL.
- Health: after what have seems like a two year struggle I have reached that ever elusive goal of being off my meds since 2015. It was an incredible struggle but as of October 2017 doctor finally got me off any medications.
- Family: back in May my father suffered a heart attack and I was un able to travel at the time my passport was expired and I was away on business. Thanks to my cousins and uncle they were able to be there for my father while I was struggling to get back home and resolve passport issue. Since the heart attack was only minor my father was sent home after a couple days.
- Travel: speaking of family im blessed that I was able to resolve all issue regarding my passport both USA & and SPAIN’S passport that as I’m writing this, I’m actually sitting back at a coffee shop in Spain with my family (Evernote is great). Traveling home for the holidays it gives me great pleasure say humbly Thank you for allowing my father another opportunity to spend time with family.
- Work & Weatlh: Last but not least thank you for another year of work. While I mention several times over that I want to escape the corporate world called SHAWSHANK. I don’t want to confuse it for me being ungrateful. I have been with the same company day in and day out for the last 24 years, but at 46 I now see that there is more to life then being in charge of a cubicle farm. I am grateful for the steady pay check but now the online world of business is calling me and I know my Solomon’s mine is out there for me to seize. Last I want to say thank you, for the first 20 dollars total I made online for 2017.
Let’s discuss 2017 Manifesto:
I wrote my 2017 Manifesto because of the struggles I had 2015 and 2016 that I need a way to ground myelsf and get the gears rolling for 2017 after loosing my rhythm. I wanted set some small accomplishments that I feel a total satisfactions completing them.
Podcast: I finally was able to launch the podcats and I am really excited about the prospects of getting guess on the show.
Books: I read a couple of finance books and business books and some others ones this years such as:
- The Sell by Fredrick Eklund.
- How To Speak Money by John Lanchester.
- How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis.
- Control by Jordan Van Bravo.
- I’m Not A serial Killer by Dan Wells
- Invisible Resident by Ivan t Sanderson.
- MoonWalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
- Epictetus Enchirion.
- The Warrior Ethos by Stephen Pressfield.
- Chosen Soldier by Dick Couch.
- Lion in the Whitehouse by Aida D. Donald.
- The Survivor by John Goddard
- Destination Truth by Josh Gates.
- New World Ronin by Victor Pride.
- The Gunslinger by Stephen King.
- Muscle Up by P.D. Mangan.
- Down to Sheol by M.T.White.
- Profitable Social Media By Tim Kitchen.
- Peak by Titus Hauer.
Well I read 19 books in all for 2017 not bad compared to previous years. My Instagram does show these books and other books too however I never finished those books. I am looking forward to raised the bar and continue reading more books as well as finishing the ones I started.
Accomplish at least five in 2017 from my Life Manifesto:
Do to time constraints and work and let’s not forget a Hurricane Irma last year I was only able to do two of my goals how I bench press 250 pounds and I was able to get the podcats started.
Project Alexandria: Sadly I started but once again time constraints did not allow me actually to contienue documenting all my books for ever growing library.
Getting Back in Shape: another of failed accomplishment yes I did bench press 250 pounds but i was not able to bring my weight down. Medication I was on contribute to my frustration and lack of motivation to get the gym.
Playing more Golf for 2017: I did play more Golf and I actually started making contacts online to create an online business. Also started making connections with golf courses to create a travel site for enthusiastic golfer coming to Florida.
Now most wont admit to failures in my own opinion I rather share with my audience what I was able to accomplish and where I have failed. Why? Because I’m human and I’m prone to demonstrate that not everything goes as planned.
Manifesto #1. For 2018 complete five of my accomplishments on The Life Manifesto.
Manifesto #2. Get back in shape: yes I am being corny and total cliché but it is what it is.
Manifesto #3. read more books: no brainer here they say to be a great writer you need to be a great reader
Manifesto #4. Project Alexandria absolutely this is a must. After all I want to document all my books in my collection.
Manifesto #5. Podcast oh but wait Spaniard you already started the podcast yes I did and anyone can start one but it’s the momentum to support it. Bring guess on have a conversation and create an experience.
My 2017 reflections shows I had a productive year and over all personal satisfactions. 2018 will be a challenging year and I look forward to it.